Yes To is a cruelty free skincare range that started in the US in 2006. They pride themselves on using super natural ingredients based around fruit and vegetables. Their ranges are named after their namesakes, including Yes To Cucumbers (my personal fave). Yes To’s cruelty free skincare products contain 95% natural ingredients, and unlike many other green brands, they’re totally affordable too.
Are Yes To Cruelty Free?
Here’s what Yes To say on their website in regards to their animal testing policy:
“Our products are tested on Yes To employees, friends and family, but never (ever) on animals. We are against animal testing and ensure our manufacturers adhere to this same principle. Yes To believes in safe and effective testing alternatives, while ensuring product and consumer safety. Reinforcing our commitment, we are Cruelty-Free and a certified member of the Leaping Bunny Program, the highest standard for companies committed to no animal testing.“
Well, they’re right about the Leaping Bunny Program! In my opinion, it’s about the most sure you can be that a company is truly cruelty free.
Are Yes-To Products Vegan?
I emailed Yes To to ask them which of their products are suitable for vegans and vegetarians. I received a very lovely, quick response (which I always love) which told me that most of their products are suitable for vegans and veggies, with just a few exceptions.
The only product they sell which isn’t suitable for vegetarians is the Yes To Primrose Lip Oil, which contains carmine from scale insect shells.
There are a few products that aren’t suitable for vegans, and they very thoughtfully listed which ingredients make them unsuitable. I’ve decided to list the non-vegan products by ingredient, for milk allergy sufferers and honey-eating vegans!
Please note, this list is now a year and a half old! I have emailed Yes To for an updated list of their vegan products for 2021 which will be with you soon!
Yes To Products Not Suitable For Vegetarians OR Vegans:
Yes To Primrose Lip Oil (carmine)
Non-Vegan Yes To Products That Contain Milk:
- All of the Greek Yoghurt & Probiotics Face Masks (ha)
- Yes to Superblueberries Smoothing Hair Clay Mask
- Yes to Superblueberries Smoothing Instant No-Rinse Shampoo Cap
Non-Vegan Yes To Products That Contain Beeswax or Honey:
- Yes To Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment
- Yes To Carrots Fragrance Free Intense Hydration Night Cream
- Yes To Coconut Oil Cleansing Balm
- Yes To Coconut Oil Stick
- Yes To Coconut Moisturising Mud Mask
- Yes To Coconut Ultra Hydrating Masks
- Yes To Coconut 2-Step Single Use Lip Kit
- Yes To Coconut Naturally Smooth Lip Balm
- Yes To Coconut Head-To-Toe Restoring Balm
- Yes To Cucumbers Exfoliating Cleansing Balm
- Yes To Cucumbers 2-Step Single Use Eye Kit
- Yes To Grapefruit Pore Perfection Brightening Eye Peel
- Yes To Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream
Non-Vegan Yes To Products That Contain Silk Amino Acids:
- Yes To Tea Tree & Sage Oil Scalp Relief Shampoo
- Yes To Tea Tree & Sage Oil Scalp Relief Conditioner